The MESSE C Fund, originally known as The Foundation of Danish Trade Fairs (Fonden Dansk Købestævne) was the first exhibition centre in Denmark and celebrated it’s centenary in 2015.
Denmarks first trade fair attracted great interest and occurred between 1st and 8th September 1913 in the military Drill House near Østervold in Fredericia. On the 29th November 1915, entrepreneurs and politicians from the area established The Foundation of Danish Trade Fairs in a new exhibition centre at Prince Christian’s Bastion. Designed by architect Oscar Gundlach-Pedersen, the building was expanded several times, but eventually it became too small and in 1976 a new 12.000 square metre exhibition hall was built in Fredericia.
MESSE C in Fredericia has also been expanded a number of times and currently has 33,000 square metres under one roof.
Below you can see the expansion timeline
•1979: Hall A expanded with 4,000 square metres
•1985: Hall C is built, adding 4,000 square metres
•1988: Hall D & E are built, adding 4,000 square metres each
•1989: Reception area and cafeteria / restaurant of 2,000 square metres
•1994: Added a conference centre, administration, kitchen and restaurant
•2015: MESSE C celebrated its 100th anniversary